Thursday, September 5, 2013

From Dust... to Dust

The more I live, the more I see that life was never--and will never be--about me. And the more that I see of life, the more I realize that I really don't see much at all. It's truly humbling and perspective-changing. There is no point in living for myself, as joy is fleeting and insignificant when I become the center of my universe. All I will ever become is simply a memory. Whether I'll be loved, remembered, or forgotten, I'll never know. I'd rather become part of something far bigger than just me and my name. I'd rather be remembered for bringing glory to the one who created me. I'd rather not be remembered, but have God's name be in my stead. But still, none of us will ever know what we'll be remembered as- and perhaps that's the beauty of death. We're easily forgotten so that the one whose life really does matter could be remembered.

This life is far too short for us not to realize our calling. This life is far too short for us not to express ourselves for God's glory. This life is far too short for us to hide our love and joy for others. This life is far too short for us to let walls build up between friends. This life is far too short for us to not live out every moment to the fullest. This life is far too short for us not to shout out from all aspects of our lives the magnificence and glory of Jesus Christ.

Because after all, we are but a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes.

From dust to dust we shall go. But let this brief period of time that is life be one full of joy, love, faithfulness, hope, and edification of others and the God that has rescued me from my sin.

This here is just my feeble attempt to keep my thoughts together as I walk this path.

No comments:

Post a Comment